If your home already has a propane tank, there are many ways you can use propane to boost your quality of life during the fall and winter seasons. One of the most versatile fuels around, propane can fuel a variety of appliances.
Here are just five ideas to consider as you begin to buckle down for another cold Midwestern winter.
- Install a propane fireplace or propane log set – Vented propane hearths give you all the benefits of wood fireplaces without the mess or clean up – and at a fraction of the installation cost (no chimney required!).
- Warm up to a propane space heater – Do you have rooms that are drafty and cold? Do you do a lot of work in your garage? Vented propane gas space heaters are easy to install, incredible efficient and extremely safe. They also burn cleaner, with fewer emissions created compared to electric and fuel oil space heaters.
- Upgrade to a new propane furnace – Propane gas furnaces are best in their class in terms of efficiency, with ratings from 90 to 98% efficient. A propane furnace can provide affordable warmth and comfort for any size floor plan, from small residences to large custom homes.
- Go tankless – Swap out your old electric tank water heater for a tankless propane unit. You’ll cut down on your water heating bills and enjoy a virtually endless supply of hot water.
- Swap out your electric stove for a propane range/cooktop – Precision temperature control is just one of the reasons that 9 out of 10 professional chefs choose to cook with gas. Why not discover all the other benefits for yourself?
Propane – the more appliances you have, the more you’ll love it! For more propane upgrade ideas, please contact your propane company and they’ll be glad to help and give you expert advice.