Propane is an efficient, clean and safe fuel that is exceptionally versatile.
Why do people in Michigan use propane?
- Efficiency and Affordability – Propane appliances typically reduce energy costs, delivering better value and comfort than fuel oil and electric heating sources.
- Safety – The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) enforces strict rules about propane handling, so few accidents occur each year. Propane is also nontoxic so tanks can be safely installed underground.
- Clean and Green – Propane emits far less greenhouse gas than most other energy sources.
- Versatility – Propane can fuel just about any system, whether it’s inside your home or in your backyard.
- Reliable and Made in the U.S. – Almost all the propane used in the U.S. is produced domestically, which means every gallon you buy contributes to America’s energy independence. Having a propane tank on your property gives you the ability to store an adequate supply that’s always ready for immediate use; you are not dependent on an underground gas pipeline.
Propane in Michigan: by the numbers
Approximate number of Michigan households that use propane as a primary heating fuel; that’s more than any other state.
Estimated number of propane gallons Michiganders use each year.
Approximate number of propane gallons used for space heating in Michigan.
Estimated number of propane gallons used for water heating in Michigan.